Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Greedy Eyes...


One of the things that I hear most of all regarding my photos is
 that they are too cluttered, too busy,
and that they distract the viewer. In lots of ways I agree with this, 
however I often ask myself what it is that I
am trying to demonstrate with my pictures. Is my goal to organize and define life? 
Is my goal to provide focusand to de-clutter peoples lives with my pictures? I suppose in a portrait this might be the goal of the photographer.



For me it's not the case. For me the magic in the photo is to actually capture more of the world then can possibly be contained in the single dimension box of the photograph. The goal of tis photographer is to get you to click the image and study it for a moment. I want to show you something you haven't see or at least haven't noticed.



For a moment think of my photos as if they are a surprise all you can eat buffet table that someone has set up in your dining room while you were watching the evening news. Feast on the orange and blue, gorge yourself on the lines and the details, and if this confuses and distracts you then unbutton the top button on your trousers, let your belt out, recline in your EZ chair and have a snooze. You deserve it.


After all the world is full of unicorns, butterflies, rainbows, and well defined portraits of grinning children, and carefully made up fashion models.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: